Friday, September 30, 2011

Great Web Ads 2

So, like 99% of all of my friends, I absolutely hate the New York Times idea of charging for their website. The only person I know who doesn't absolutely hate paying for web news owns a call center and is evidently rich.

Nevertheless, I keep going back to NYTimes.com for my daily fill of news and commentary.

So, along comes Audi in this very well thought out effort and helps me get more articles for free:


I can now put in one of those "spare" Gmail addresses, choose a handful of articles and Audi will remember to send them to me over the weekend.

Big win all around:

  • It appeals to both, my ego and my laziness -- great combo
  • Audi does provide a useful service
  • Sending me the articles will give Audi a chance to recontact me again and again for peanuts
  • I am definitely going to be engaged when I download the articles
  • And it is not an intrusive pre-roll, expansible or flash device jumping at me

Plus, I assume this will build a humongous database that will be marketed to, remarketed to and polymarketed to, which is not bad

Big win for Audi

No comments:

Post a Comment