Friday, September 30, 2011

Great Web Ads 1

Every so often, buried under the sheer monotony that is web advertising, where the degree of noise resembles a Moroccan Bazaar, I see some ads that really stand out.

They are not pre-roll, post-roll or during-roll... I usually just open up another browser window to let them run their course. It is not expansible... I usually spend more time looking for the closing button than I do at the ad. These ads really made me look twice... and participate.

So, first things first: Can there really be a wrong time of day to drive a Porsche? Seriously?

Me thinks not. So I was immediately attracted to this little box:


Evidently, I'm not alone. Just about everyone thinks that any time is the right time to drive a Porsche


Epic win in all fronts:

  • Addresses my intelligence by assuming that I already know what a Porsche is and why it is desirable. If you don't know what a Porsche it... hey, buy a Lada or something
  • It's always fun to vote; one never knows what to expect, but it being Porsche, you also assume that they are not going to do something untoward with your click
  • Addresses my intelligence again by giving me little fun charts that I can read
  • And then more wonderfully, it takes information --I assume-- from your profile and the LinkedIn profiles of everyone who clicked and gives you information about age, gender and even your place in the totem pole
Great way to pay off their new positioning: Everyday driving




No comments:

Post a Comment